Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies
The Procurement/Pricing Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to ensure OFF buying rates are validated and accurately updated within the GDS Rate Management System. This position also maintains carrier surcharges for all U.S. Trades and coordinates with carriers to compile the most updated contract and rate information for input into the rate management system
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintain GDS Rate Management Tool process and work flow.
· Maintain GDS daily tracking log.
· Ensure all contract rate amendments are accurate entered into the GDS system
· Verify rate information in the contracts with rate data in the GDS Rate Management to ensure accuracy
· Analyze surcharge applicability and maintain carrier surcharge tables.
· Identify and report on non-conforming rates data input into the GDS rate management system.
· Validate and activate rates in GDS rate management system.
· Communicate carrier rates to internal customers and service providers via phone or email.
· Proactively communicate with carriers to obtain updated surcharges and maintain surcharge logs .
· Work with and maintain contacts with carrier pricing and technical teams.
· Assist in compiling and updating departmental KPI reports.
· Assist in compiling OFF tenders when necessary.
Education and Experience: Associates Degree plus two to three years’ related experience in transportation, logistics, or project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree is preferred
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.