Do you have a passion for local, organic and sustainable produce? Do you love when figs finally come into season and know the best times of the year to get heirloom tomatoes? Can you work with local farmers to make sure that we are only selling the best that they have to offer?
Additional requirements and responsibilites:
• Operates equipment necessary to the job, which includes, but is not limited to: cash register, scales, bowls and platters, 4 wheel carts, utensils, mop, mop bucket, broom, cardboard compactor and box cutter.
• Lifts at least 50 lbs.
• Assists customers promptly, and promotes good customer and associate relations through courtesy, service and appearance.
• Fills customer orders and takes phone orders.
• Stocks cases and all displays when necessary.
• Displays all merchandise properly in case.
• Maintains correct and legible price on all items.
• Takes special orders from customers while on duty.
• Greets and makes eye contact with all customers consistently.
• Thanks all customers for shopping at DEAN & DELUCA.
• Follows all rotations procedures to ensure freshness.
• Position requires knowledge of cooking techniques for all products in case.
• Associate should know or develop knowledge about vegetables & starch accompaniments as well as marinades for the product.
• Removes meat from display and wraps, and places in cooler at closing time.
• Does necessary cleaning and sanitation, including, but not limited to: moping and sweeping of floors, washing display cases, wiping down prep area, wiping down walls, racks, and cooler, and washing knives, bowls, platters and utensils.
Dean & Deluca - 10 months ago
You could go to Manhattan's tony SoHo neighborhood for a taste of Dean & DeLuca, but increasingly, you don't have to. The...