Posted positions may close at any time. Please apply today if you are interested in this position. Once this posting is closed applications will no longer be accepted.
Sets-up and maintains the condition of the department according to company standards. Provides customer service and ensures product quality and selection.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on providing fast, friendly customer service.
· Performs receiving duties including: verifying orders against invoices; reporting shortages and claims to ensure proper billing; breaking down loads and dating product; cutting cases; stacking, pricing and marking merchandise; maintaining produce storage area; etc.
· Insures proper merchandising for freshness and quality of goods by preventing shrink, damage and spoilage of product; trimming, cutting, wrapping, traying, displaying and watering produce; building produce displays; rotating stock; discarding outdated or spoiled product; ensuring proper pricing and signing of products; using related equipment such as knives, wrappers, scales, compactors, garbage disposals, hand trucks, pallet jacks and fork lift; etc.
· Maintains cleanliness and eye-appeal of work area, storage area, and selling floor.
· Ensures safe/secure work environment.
· Performs duties with honesty and integrity.
· Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
· Performing basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiple) and compute weights and measures.
· Perform friendly, courteous, tactful customer service.
· Maintain composure in dealing with customers and co-workers.
· Communicate (hearing & speech) with customers during the day shift.
· Conduct visual inspection of product, display, ready written material, etc.
· Communicate in writing to others.
· Reach, lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 40-50 lbs. frequently.
· Push and pull fully loaded handtrucks and pallet jacks.
· Stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend, twist and turn frequently.
· Perform safe/quick movements and operate related equipment listed below with manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
· Work with hands exposed to moisture.
· Learn proper handling, preparation, seasonality, and perishability, product safety, sanitation procedures and department policies.
· Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
· Wear hats, hairnets, gloves, and other personal protective equipment as required.
· Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).
Machines and Equipment Operated:
· Includes such tools and equipment as knives, wrappers, scales, compactors, garbage disposals, hand trucks, pallet jacks, fork lift and ladder
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel so classified may vary.
WinCo Foods - 19 months ago
WinCo Foods isn't just big on self-service -- it's giant. Inside the immense stores (average size is 92,000 sq. ft.) of this...