BUY FOR LE$$, Supermercado and Uptown Grocery Co. currently employs 1,200 people in 14 stores across the OKC Metro. We are proud of the quality of our perishables and the great values we provide throughout the stores. We tailor each store to the community it serves and make a special effort to provide our Guests the best possible service. Buy For Less is a successful and growing company with many opportunities to advance within the organization. The opportunities to advance are available to everyone the success of the individual is the success of Buy For Less. Buy For Less has a strong well organized structure of management to allow for any level of challenge in your advancement. This is more than just a job it's what you make of it, a career of a lifetime!
Benefits: Competitive pay, vacation, 401(k), health, dental, vision, life, LTD, and AD&D. Summary: Uptown Grocery Co. is seeking for energetic, friendly, and self-motivated individuals to fill positions in our produce department. Individual will be responsible for maintain, receiving, stocking and display produce and related product. Also, keep department clean, and provide excellent service to our guest. Job Type: Part Time position with potential for Full Time if willing to work with other departments. RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION: - Receives product ensuring order and invoice accuracy.
- Stocks (including washing, bundling and trimming), rotates, merchandises and faces product according to department procedure.
- Disposes of culls according to department procedure.
- Maintains back-stock areas according to department standards.
- Trains other staff as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of produce, provides information to customers regarding use and preparation.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs. REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION: - Minimum two years of experience in produce.
- Experience in ordering and merchandising product is desired.
- Customer service orientation, friendly personality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to start and complete work assignments.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends & holidays.
- Desire to grow in the job/ with the company. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: - Must be able to lift a minimum of 45 lbs. frequently.
- Ability to bend, reach, kneel, squat
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as department manual.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks, multi-task, and maintain focus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guest. Uptown Grocery Co. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Buy For Less - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard