Position Summary: The Produce Quality Control Inspector receives incoming trucks in a timely manner ensuring the integrity of the product.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Basic Reading, writing and mathematics skills required.
· Minimum (2) two years experience in inspecting produce..
· Proficient ability to utilize a riding pallet jack.
· knowledge of produce strongly required.
· Adhere to all safety rules.
· Check the accuracy of the product received, comparing the Bill of Lading to the Purchase Order. Research inconsistencies.
· Notify supervisor of poor quality product and any shortage or damage of product.
· Complete paperwork as product is being received.
· Perform other tasks, as requested by management.
· Responsible for working until relieved by supervisor. This may require working longer than your scheduled work hours.
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
· Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
· Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 75 lbs continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
· Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases.
· Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
· Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
· Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from 38 degrees in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs.
FreshPoint - 4 months ago
Fresh produce is the ingredient for success at FreshPoint. The company is one of the largest foodservice distributors of fresh fruits and...