Create, lead and organize content for multiple platforms utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills.
1. Develop and organize newscasts; responsible for writing, story development and showcasing
2. Works closely with news managers and assignment editors to determine content needs
3. Enhance content of the rundown with graphics, video, research and station branding
4. Must have strong communication and organization skills
5. Execute time sensitive decisions and write conversationally
6. Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
7. Responsible for oversight of live broadcast and up to the minute editorial decisions
8. Perform desktop editing
9. Knowledge of an proficiency in posting content to station’s Web sites
10. Understand and utilize web analytics
11. Perform duties as assigned
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree in related field is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years as a television news writer or producer. preferred.
EQUIPMENT: Knowledge of newsroom computer systems and Final Cut Pro editing equipment preferred.
SKILLS / ABILITIES: Work well in challenging situations to meet deadline; self-motivated; adaptable to changing schedules. Creative, excellent writing skills and editorial judgment. Work well with news team and the public.
The E. W. Scripps Company (Scripps) is a diverse media company with interests in newspaper publishing, television and licensing and...