Highly motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills to join the Cost Accounting Team. The Product and Cost Analyst must be willing to work with personnel across all locations and departments on a global scale. They will be a key resource in supporting the sales and operations teams by providing prompt and reliable responses to requests including new product setup, bill of material and routing reviews, product cost and margin analysis, and various special projects.
- Material, labor and overhead variances summary by location
- Prepare and analyze weekly and month end financial reports including:
- Actual versus planned absorption summarized by location
- Monthly inventory adjustments by account and location
- Costing new products (materials, labor and overhead)
- Ensure accurate costing of products which contain multiple sub-components:
- Analyze material, labor and overhead variances by product and sub-component
- Assist in quarterly updates to standard product cost data to accurately reflect the current costs, as well as analyzing anticipated cost increases for the succeeding period
- Understand and evaluate product model components to ensure comparability of similar products and margin assumptions
- Assess and conclude on specific product costs, identify operational efficiencies, analyze lowest cost source for finished goods and components, etc., in order to determine bottom-line improvements to the organization
- Support Sales and Customer Care in generating new business by facilitating and estimating costs of new products
- Complete various special projects which may include:
- Work with global and cross-functional teams to assist in process development and address various issues arising in our exciting and fast growing environment
1-3 years of financial analysis, manufacturing accounting, business development, and/or project management experience preferred but not required. No required knowledge of ERP systems necessary, but must possess a willingness to learn.
Education – Bachelors degree inAccounting, Finance or General Business required
Experience with ERP systems (JDE, SAP, Oracle)
Computer; PC Skills – Microsoft Excel, Word
- Organization – Possess the ability to organize large amounts of data into a coherent and meaningful format
- Company Knowledge – Possess the ability to understand the global environment and how the product costing contributes to the organization
- Leadership – Be a liaison with Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering and Sales to ensure accurate cost analysis of products for business quotes and new product introduction
- Experience –
WireCo WorldGroup - 6 months ago
WireCo WorldGroup is the global leader in manufacturing, engineering and distributing wire rope, wire rope assemblies, high carbon wire,...