Manage the product lines assigned to achieve the profit and growth goals per annual and long term plan.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Lead the rate review process demonstrating superior judgment in all phases of the process. Prepare rate proposals and present them to management.
2. Implement product/price changes providing details of all aspects of the change to the business analyst. Make necessary form changes and be the product expert and go to person for other departments as they work on the product change. File changes with the department of insurance anticipating potential questions from the department and providing adequate information with the initial filing.
3. Coordinate implementation of product/pricing changes with other departments or groups as necessary developing both internal and external communications.
4. Develop and maintain the necessary computer applications (spreadsheets, etc.) required in the rate making process.
5. Conduct in-depth research and analysis, making creative recommendations based on the analysis.
6. Measure the expected results and actual results of rate and non-rate changes.
7. Monitor the mix of business in assigned state(s), identifying changes in the mix and reasons for those changes.
8. Demonstrate a high level of knowledge and understanding of our products and their relationship to those of our competitors. Determine our competitive position relative to other insurance carriers by market segment and recommend changes to our product based on competitive data.
9. Maintain Personal lines product manuals and be responsible for their content. Revise manuals to support product changes and rate revisions.
10. Support state team as liaison with the agency force and territory managers.
Bachelor’s degree preferred: a concentration in Risk Management, Math, Statistics or Economics is preferred. Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills are a necessity. Affinity for and proven ability in mathematics and analysis are critical to success in this role. Proficiency in use of spreadsheets and other applications required. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Experience analyzing the loss performance of product lines required.