Product Application Specialist
As a Product Application Specialist you will provide product and application expertise to the global field sales rep teams and dealers to support prime product and work tool sales execution. You will also provide significant support to Product Groups and New Product Introduction Managers during various NPI phases in terms of voice of the customer collection/communication, development of functional specifications and critical customer requirements. Will also be very engaged in competitive tests and analysis.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Support Sales Execution: Provide product and application expertise to the global field sales rep teams and dealers to support prime product and work tool sales execution, price realization and improved value proposition.
* Will be a deep subject matter expert in terms of product application knowledge base for a certain group of Cat models and will be considered the field’s “go to resource".
* Responsible to develop and deliver product and application training to field reps, dealers & customers.
* Identify, manage and provide reports on competitive performance studies, feature/benefit comparisons and maintenance and repair cost analysis.
* Develop, support and train field reps and dealers with equipment analysis software.
* Position may require analysis of complex machine performance issues that require careful analysis, diagnosis and recommendations to customers.
* Support New Product Introduction Development: Provides significant input to Product Groups and NPI team(s) for next generation product development activities. The scope of this support will be driven by quantity of responsible models and if directly or indirectly supporting the product group.
* This includes the collection, prioritization and communication of Voice of the Customer.
* Assist in defining and placing value on new product features, functional and technical specifications and general product requirements.
* Responsibilities are generally global in nature and would include work in the development of product requirements for emerging markets.
* Support, monitor readiness and/or attend NPI gateway reviews.
* Support ongoing Value Analysis work for NPI teams especially related to competitive performance, features, maintenance and repair costs.
* Provide Product Group with industry-specific trends based on customers’ operational data and benchmarking.
* You must understand and keep current on customer/dealer market and needs and understand how and why decisions are made within your work group and organization. You are responsible for applying decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, NPI process, process improvement, sales management process improvement, etc. You will apply your knowledge of products, technology, industry, etc., in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and needs and contribute to strategic planning. Incumbents may provide direction to less experienced personnel.
* You, along with your manager, will direct your development and continual learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes. Key learning comes from continued experience in the assigned industry, enhancing communication and people relationship skills, improving problem solving and analysis ability, building and using business skills, enhancing use of Caterpillar systems and developing leadership abilities. You must stay abreast of industry and technology changes and relate those changes to Caterpillar, dealer and customer needs.
* A college or university degree, or equivalent experience, and generally 10-15 years of progressively responsible job-related experience at Caterpillar.
* Must be able to clearly demonstrate the ability to understand and articulate technical machine performance and application knowledge that allows you to be regarded as an “expert” in product application.
* A broad knowledge and understanding of Company products, Product Support strategies, Dealer operations and capabilities, machine performance software, warranty policies and procedures.
* Would benefit from having worked in a Marketing Company and / or Product Group assignment.
* Good human relations and communication skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside the department and especially field sales organizations, dealers and customers.
* Master's Degree (or equivalent)
At Caterpillar, we share a single set of values that unite our company - integrity, excellence, teamwork and commitment.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apr 2, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-Texas-Houston-HOUSTON03-Houston, TX - Global Petroleum
Marketing / Sales / Product Support
Caterpillar - 8 months ago
Caterpillars may crawl, but this company isn't fuzzy about earthmoving machinery and agricultural equipment. Considered #1 in the...