MakerBot is looking for an assistant for our Product team. You must be a well-organized, high-speed, go-getter who is willing to help out with any and all needs of the Product team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Be the ‘right-hand' person for various groups (Engineering, Software, R&D, etc.)
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal skills
- Maintain calendar, monitor email and coordinate team activities
- Assist in development of the Product schedule, building and updating project plans, org charts, performance evaluations, etc.
- Assist with product research, vendor NDAs, forms, etc.
- Assist with office moves, employee on-boarding, etc.
- Budget tracking, expense reports, basic purchasing
- Coordinate travel
- Experience with assisting a group
- “All in” attitude
- Proven ability to work well in and contribute to a team environment.
- Incredibly well organized and able to organize others.
- Experience in supporting a busy, fast moving Product department
- Able to handle many tasks at one time and change direction
- Ability to make a mistake, own up to it and correct it with a smile
- Amazing attention to detail and ability to execute reliably on a range of tasks
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Email, Visio, Project)
- Curiosity and interest in what we do
- Familiarity with 3D printing or MakerBot
- 3D Printing interest (Art, Design, Engineering)
Founded in 2009, Brooklyn-based MakerBot has grown to be a global leader in desktop 3D printing. MakerBot had 16 percent market share of all 3D printers (industrial and personal) made from 2009 to the end of 2011. In 2011, MakerBot had 21.6 percent market share. In 2012, MakerBot estimates that it now has a 25 percent market share of the 3D printer market. There are more than 15,000 MakerBot Desktop 3D Printers in use by engineers, designers, researchers, and people who just like to make things. The MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer has been named Popular Mechanics “Overall Winner” for best 3D printer and was honored as one of Time Magazine's Best Inventions of 2012. In addition, MakerBot was named “Best Emerging Tech” at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show, won Popular Mechanics Editor's Choice Award, the Popular Science Product of the Year, and recently was awarded the Fast Company 2012 Innovation by Design Award as well as being named by Fast Company as “One of the World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.” And MakerBot was recently awarded a TechCrunch Crunchies Award for best hardware start-up. The company has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, the Economist, Wired, The Colbert Report, Fast Company, Engadget, Make: Magazine, Rolling Stone, Time.com, IEEE Spectrum, CNN, Financial Times, NPR, Vogue Italia and many others.
Makerbot Industries - 22 months ago
What’s it like to work at MakerBot?
Are you interested in joining a collaborative, creative environment where innovation and hard...