Provides management an analysis of data related to regulatory compliance and property and casualty insurance.
Analyzes and communicates rating, rules, forms and regulations changes to management and other areas based on established
procedures and regulatory statutes.
Processes and maintains state filings and all related tasks.
Works with states to set up procedures and policies to comply with changes.
Provides detailed business specifications to Information Systems (IS) for system programming.
Researches and conducts analysis as requested from other departments.
- Associate degree in any major.
- Bachelor's degree in any major.
Required Work Experience
- Three years of property and casualty underwriting, rating or regulatory experience or working with rating bureaus, rate service, department of insurance or workers' compensation commission.
- System for Electronic Rating and Form Filing (SERFF) experience.
- Six years of property and causualty underwriting, product lines, regulatory compliance or project management.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer service and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to make sound decisions.
- In-depth coverage/rating knowledge of commercial lines of property & casualty insurance.
- Ability to handle long-term, multi-tasked, complicated projects.
- Ability to use complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel or other word processing/spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access, Adobe Acrobat or other database software.
- Knowledge of basic computer programming.
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC) is a licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. The mutually owned company consists of...