Provide design, engineering and technical support in the development and maintaining of Mikron products.
- Perform the advanced level design activities based on the design parameters of a product development project and the current industry technology.
- Research of structural, thermal, and sound transmittance performance for Mikron products.
- Perform structural analysis using engineering calculations and Finite Element Analysis techniques.
- Define the fabrication processes for manufacturing a Mikron product.
- Generate 3D models of Mikron products for animations, brochures, proposals and create rapid prototypes.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical knowledge to Mikron and its customers regarding the design, function, performance and fabrication of Mikron products.
- Travel to customers and other events representing the Mikron PD&E department and provide technical knowledge on Mikron products and extrusions.
- Coordinate with customers and Mikron Regional Sales Managers to define the design parameters of a product development project.
- Plan the milestones for a product development project, and manage the technical information among the customers, Mikron Regional Sales Managers, Mikron Tooling, Testing, Production, Quality Assurance, equipment fabricators, hardware suppliers, and test laboratories.
- Evaluate new hardware and software applications and implement into the Mikron PD&E department.
- Participate as required in evaluating the patentability of parts.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or architecture is preferred.
- Fenestration (plastic) industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to manage products.