Moving the business beyond just maps and directions, MapQuest is looking to transform itself and retake its rightful place as an industry leader in local discovery and travel. In order to finish the transformation to a fast-paced innovation machine, MapQuest is looking to grow and expand the design group with the addition of a Product Designer.
The Product Designers at MapQuest are responsible for designing elegant interfaces across multiple devices that will be used by millions of people every day. They work closely with UX Engineers, Visual Designers and Developers to concept, design, prototype, test, and iterate products until they are successful, beautiful online organisms.
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques including, but not limited to, prototyping and usability testing
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
- Combine design theory, and take into consideration content, navigational structure and usability issues to create a powerful and integrated experience
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes visual designers, product managers and engineers
- Help to mentor and grow junior interaction and visual designers on project teams
- Contribute to the definition scope and phasing of project timelines
- At least 5+ years of design experience with an amazing portfolio book
- Strong conceptual thinking
- Ability to understand consumer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into revenue-centric design
- Detail-oriented and motivated to hit aggressive deadlines
- Must be an ego-free, thick-skinned person who can take and give clear feedback
- Demonstrated experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions
- Strong self-management skills
- Ability to collaborate with other designers and developers
AOL - 12 months ago
Junior UI Designer
Greenwood Village, CO
- 4 hours ago
- 25 days ago
- 21 days ago
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...