TRX seeks a world-class creative and collaborative talent to serve as our Product Designer. This is an opportunity for the right person to write the TRX product design playbook, and to help us use that process to complete a ton of game-changing design and innovation work. We’re interested in improving our existing Suspension Training, Rip Training and anchoring products, as well as designing the next patented innovations to take the fitness industry by storm. The Product Designer will work hand-in-hand with the Director of Products and the Founder/CEO to solve for needs across multiple customer segments. This is a chance for someone to put her stamp on the fitness industry and TRX’s future.
· Use a product development process based in design research and rapid prototyping to invent new components and total gear systems for a range of consumer, professional and tactical fitness activities.
· Own the customer insights, design, and development and sourcing process for all gear product introductions.
· Develop rapid prototypes to validate ideas with our internal thought leaders and end users.
· Develop product CADs for early concept testing and design iteration.
· Work with the Product Team to generate critical documents to help direct detailed manufacturing and quality assurance efforts.
· Create new intellectual property within the TRX product family.
· Contribute unique ideas and influence the design thinking at TRX.
· Work collaboratively, brining products to market as part of a multidisciplinary team.
· Some travel required: 2-3 times per year (domestic and international)
Reports to Product Director and will have significant exposure to the founder & CEO and Board of Directors. In particular, the CEO is very involved in the R&D, design and development process, and was singularly responsible for the first 5-years of TRX product evolution.
· BS in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design or Industrial Design.
· 8+ years in product design and development, with materials experience spanning metals, plastics, textiles and composites.
· A proven track record developing elegant and innovative consumer products in a range of industries.
· Immense passion for developing novel solutions using design thinking.
· Ability to rapidly prototype and iterate on ideas.
· A strong opinion and willingness to engage in direct, constructive conversations to determine how best to move forward.
· Ability to accept critical feedback and implement ideas from others.
· Experience with design research and user investigation.
· Experience transferring designs to Asian manufacturing partners.
· Frequent experience with Solidworks or other CAD tools.
· Be results and deadline driven: must be willing to do whatever it takes to meet deadlines.
· Able to work independently with little direction and multi ‐ task, handling various projects at once while being timely and accurate.
· Comfort working in a fast paced, “startup” environment.
· A passion for fitness products and training.
Nice to Haves:
· MS in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design or Industrial Design
· Experience with fitness, training or sports products
· Machine shop skills
· Sewing skills
· A mix of start-up and large company experience
TRX develops and delivers world-class training products and workout programs for everyone, from fitness pros and enthusiasts of any age and ability, to athletes in the NFL, NBA, MLB and UFC, as well as our servicemen and women in every branch of the US military.
We seek motivated, passionate people who are driven to fundamentally alter the fitness industry and impact lives in a positive way. If you are someone who thrives in a high-energy environment and a culture that embraces individuality, teamwork and innovation, then we warmly invite you to consider joining us.
At TRX, every employee brings passion, integrity and inspiration to our business. And people are taking notice. Outside Magazine has named TRX one of America’s “Best Places to Work” for three consecutive years. The San Francisco Business Times has also counted TRX among the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” for the past two years.
A key reason for our rapid growth is our ability to relate to and inspire our customers on a personal level by living and breathing the active lifestyle we promote. We know that daily exercise increases the overall morale of the company and helps our employees to be more productive and less stressed. We’re thrilled to be recognized out of hundreds of companies for something we believe in and represent every day.
To apply, please complete the online application below to the best of your ability. EOE.
Fitness Anywhere - 2 years ago