Ness is hiring product designers to help prototype and define the Ness user experience across a variety of platforms. The design challenges you will face are complex. You will be pushing the boundaries of predictive software. You will collaborate with an interdisciplinary product team, your wide breadth of knowledge and personal interests will increase the likelihood of coming up with unexpected solutions.
Specific background expertise in print, web or mobile is less important than a deep interest in the way people choose and use products, creativity, a keen sense of aesthetics, and a strong grasp of visual communication. Youâ€™ll work with a high degree of autonomy and will have ownership over large parts of the product, but you should always be receptive to user feedback.
Youâ€™ll shape the future of Ness into something thatâ€™s intuitive, serendipitous, and magical.
- Your task is one of profound opposites. Youâ€™re comfortable with balancing complicated ideas and thinking in opposites: large and small-scale, conceptual and pragmatic, human and technical, micro and macro. You understand the strategy and business dynamics behind a product or a feature, but youâ€™re also capable of finessing visual designs until theyâ€™re pixel-perfect.
- Adapt and iterate quickly in a collaborative environment
- Clearly and effectively visualize and communicate ideas, whether with pencil and paper or software
Positive Background Corrrelations
- A portfolio of design projects or case studies (self-started or professional)
- An interest in humanizing sophisticated backend technology with user-centered, emotionally arresting design
- Observational skills and user empathy
- Mobile design experience. Again, knowledge of specific methodologies or frameworks is less important than an understanding of the context
- Knowledge of data-driven usability testing methods and techniques for measuring user experience.
Ness Computing Inc - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard