We're pixel perfectionists and delight in clean design. We strive to provide every teacher and student a smoothly functioning and beautiful learning experience. In fact, we're even building a curriculum of design classes that teach design the way we would have wanted to learn. We're growing fast, and there's lots to be done - so you've got to be energized by the idea of achieving our ambitious goals together with your colleagues in Design, Engineering, Education, and Marketing.
You're a critical thinker with an innovative approach to making products simple enough for even your grandmother to understand and use. And you know those things to be true because you're a customer whisperer (ok, that sounds a bit creepy, but you're their advocate and interpreter).We're very goal and metric oriented and prefer to say 99% of ideas in favor of focusing and shipping things out the door. You'll work closely with our front-end engineers to create an interactive learning experience that's like nothing else out there. In fact, maybe you even prefer to mark up your own code.
- Produce beautiful and usable interfaces for our teachers and students
- Help establish and reinforce consistent visual design patterns acrossSkillshare's platform
- Work with our product managers, ux designers and engineers to define and understand the design and product challenges our students and teachers are facing
- Usability and value testing to uncover top problems and areas of opportunity
Nice to Haves
- 2 to 5 years experience designing web applications and platforms
- A portfolio of amazing UI, shipped products carry more weight than comps
- Excellent communication skills, whether via detailed storyboards and mockups or in cross-team planning sessions
- Knowledge of HTML / CSS
- Experience building anditeratingon a product for an extended period of time
- Experience in Mobile UI and Interaction
Skillshare - 15 months ago