Responsible for setting and leading the strategy for the use of common product infrastructure and the common installation engine that front ends the mainframe software products. Must be innovative and forward thinking. Using industry recognized capabilities and customer input, design the requirements for new or modified software programs, the preparation of system specifications, and the development, testing and implementation of efficient, cost effective software solutions. Receives general direction from the Manager. Has heavy hands-on coding /testing duties, and may have some supervisory duties in instructing, assigning, directing and checking the work of other Systems Analyst/Programmers. Assists in planning, organizing, and controlling technical related projects in this area. Will work directly with customers, product teams, product management and BMC account managers to identify and specify complex business requirements. Acts as expert technical resource to development staff in all phases of the development and implementation process. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Associates will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.
- Lead design, development and implementation of architectural deliverables including assessment and optimization of components/systems
- Define the architecture, blueprints and components that support the common install and common product infrastructure
- Work with other Architects and Technical Leads to collect artifacts to feed standards and validate architecture which includes the generation and maintenance of software architecture documentation
- Identifies technical risks and identifies mitigation solutions
- Lead architecture activities for multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Provide technical knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor
- Will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives
- Lead collaboration among customers, other product architects and product teams
- Analyze and enhance existing architecture to improve performance
- Interface with product line engineers and architects to implement required systems to support software architecture
- Evaluate technical and operational feasibility of solutions
- Ensure the software is configured for quality, performance and conformance to Business requirements
- Communicate and partner directly with customers
- Lead the overall architecture of cross-functional, multi-product software systems
- Review software designs for compliance with the strategy
- Previous experience in: software architecture, design and development infrastructure, participating in all phases of waterfall or Agile software delivery.
- Other responsibilities will be assigned as required.
BMC doesn't stand for Business Mismanagement Cure, but it could. BMC Software is a leading provider of business management software...