As a Tory Burch product developer, you are a critical cross functional leader, pivotal in building aesthetically and quality authentic product while achieving financial goals.
- With supervisor, compiles and reviews all specs (BOMs/tech packs) for accuracy, completeness, quality, affordability, and compliance prior to issuance.
- Coordinates with cross functional teams to manage spec turnover within calendar, development status, and final handoff to production.
- At supervisor’s direction, issues specs to manufacturing partners on behalf of design and communicates daily with HKO and suppliers on questions and changes to specs, standards, and aids in interpreting design needs.
- Tracks all prototypes and market samples to insure timely execution.
- Tracks, schedules, monitors, and reports on all necessary sample materials.
- Schedules, tracks, and reports on all requested prototypes.
- Maintains and issues all standards for the designs and production to manufacturing partners.
- Tracks and monitors all pre-production samples to insure timely execution of final design.
- Promptly responds and follows up on correspondence and development needs.
- Works closely with supervisor and the design team on seasonal offering needs to provide options in materials, suppliers, techniques, and costs that are on brand.
- With internal materials departments, and with direct sources, work to execute materials that are viable for our brand, trends, costing, and quality
- Sources alternate manufacturers and material suppliers to provide options in materials, products, and techniques.
- Manages the maintenance of material and component archives for easy future reference.
- Aims to instill quality in the product from material selection thru final production.
- Reviews all components with an eye for quality and durability.
- With supervisor, insures that all components and constructions used are compliant for performance and restricted substances prior to production.
- Tracks and follows up on tests of questionable materials and treatments in development cycle to prevent a lapse in product flow in production as instructed by supervisor.
- Tracks and monitors items under customs compliance review in development.
- Maintains accurate compliance records in the event of audit by applicable authorities.
- Manages all WIP and product profile data for use by all teams.
- Manages responsibilities to insure timely turnover of development, return of prototypes, and market samples and placement of final production.
- Monitors calendar daily to promote flow of development.
- With design, merchandising, and production, manages liability inventory reference books and aids in resolution via special cuts and/or liquidation.
- As needed works closely with supervisor, design and production to resolve delivery and material issues affecting production.
- Works on other relevant projects as required by supervisor.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent life experience
- Minimum 1-3 years in accessories product development, sourcing, and/or production
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong math and collaborative skills
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
Tory Burch - 2 years ago
Tory Burch sees the key of success through a keyhole of its iconic tunics. The company makes women's apparel, accessories, footwear,...