The Vermont Teddy Bear Company is a growing organization consisting of multiple brands and channels. We work hard, but we also know how to have fun! Activities like outdoor bocce tournaments, the Strawberry Shortcake Smack-down, Halloween pumpkin carving contests, BBQs complete with s’mores and wacky fashion shows are just a taste of life at VTB. In addition to the standard benefits, we offer some other fun perks including employee discounts, onsite Physical Therapy, onsite garden space, Community Shared Agriculture (CSA) farm share reimbursement, free gym membership for our employees and their families, onsite Chiropractic & Massage Therapy and onsite nutritionist.
The Bear Crew is in search of a full time Product Development Coordinator for the Vermont Teddy Bear & PajamaGram brands. This position is responsible for tracking the product development process and ensuring that the team is hitting key deadlines. This role coordinates all new product information to be handed off interdepartmentally. The ideal candidate will also have the opportunity to do fascinating market research to help guide ideation, innovation, consumer insights and product briefs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assures that the Product Development team is hitting key deadlines by accurately tracking all projects.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with key domestic vendors and sets up previews of the new collections.
• Finds and evaluates potential new products, vendors, design samples or components needed for a particular design.
• Regularly researches new trends, products and categories that will inform decisions about the inclusion of a new product or test.
• Regularly performs competitive analysis to guide pricing, sizing, product placement, positioning, etc. This information will be used in product briefs or as a part of product presentations.
• Updates cross-functional assortment planner with new products as soon as decisions are made, so that forecasting can establish order quantities.
• Prepares new style sheets for hand-off to Creative Director, Copywriter and Product Information.
• Communicates with Product Information priorities of product setup, so that orders can be placed as soon as needed.
• Responsible for updating information boards that will help the design team understand designers top sellers and key marketing & development directives.
• Responsible for maintaining organized filing systems of all Product Development & domestic sourcing materials, such as vendor files, catalogs and other product development materials handled in the department.
• Hands off projects to Graphic Design, such as hang tags, inserts, etc. that are needed for new products and assures that they are completed & approved by the expected deadline.
• Assists in setting up product presentations and brainstorms.
• Responsible for keeping accurate notes in at least 2 key weekly meetings and publishing the notes in a timely manner.
• Manages Product Development samples. This includes requesting needed samples, organizing samples and returning samples. Coordinates the acquisition of photo samples in time for photo shoots.
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to manage workload independently with excellent attention to detail necessary.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office programs and ability to learn in-house tools quickly.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with quickly changing priorities.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree required.