Product Development Manager 3
Great innovations start with the people that are passionate and skilled enough to create them. As a diversified health and well-being company, Philips focuses on improving people’s lives through those timely and meaningful innovations.
The Project Manager is responsible for developing project plans, monitoring progress, and ensuring deliverables are met on time and within budget. The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing project resources and activities within a cross functional organization.
The successful candidate will:
- Coordinate, schedule and budget the product development and launch resources to satisfy project goals, including project milestones, cost targets, and product quality.
- Proactively identify and mitigate project risks through effective project management. Obtain feedback from process owners and drive resolution status.
- Coordinate and document program launch meetings and formal design reviews with cross-functional launch teams to monitor status and progress relative to program objectives. Prepare regular updates to communicate project overviews and status reports to management.
- Act as the primary gatekeeper for project issues including coordination, allocation, acceptance and handover of issues to process owners and robust closure including validation, sign-off and retention of supporting evidence for all program launch issues.
- Monitor, update and summarize program costs from prototype to launch (i.e. material, tooling, capital, assembly, labor, engineering changes, VA/VE, etc) to track expenditures relative to budget performance; assist with analysis of timing trends, costs.
- Provide guidance and mentoring of team members which may include temporary employee or outside resource supervision.
Behaviors: The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Leadership - Create and maintain an environment that encourages individual contributions. Empower interpersonal styles of team members toward achieving project objectives.
- Teaming - Leverage available resources and capabilities (internal/external) to execute and achieve project objectives.
- Planning & Organization - Achieve project objectives through effective coordination of resources. Anticipate alternative events and establish courses of action to mitigate risk.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal.
- Detail and action-oriented with ability to organize resources and effectively prioritize, multi-task, delegate and follow-up.
Children’s Medical Ventures offers a wide range of clinical and educational products supporting developmentally appropriate care for infants. These include infant cardio-respiratory monitors, sate-of the art diagnostic and treatment tools for neonatal jaundice, comprehensive hands-on education programs for neonatal nurses and a variety of safety, positioning and therapeutic support products. All of our products and educational programs support our company vision, “Passionately improving the developmental outcomes of infants and children”.
Our 2013 Commitment outlines what we are committed to do in the coming year to continue on our journey to become a global leader in health and well-being.
Each and every plan in our business — country, sector, business-unit, or function — must to be driven by, and linked to, our group level 2013 Commitment.
We all have an important role to play in shaping a more successful future for our company. This is an exciting time to be a part of Philips as we will accelerate our journey and become an even stronger Company for you, our employees, and the customers we serve.
We are looking for
Requires a BS degree in an engineering discipline; Masters of Science or Business preferred.
Minimum 3 year of Project Management experience is required.
Solid understanding of product commercialization framework and Product Development processes required.
Knowledge of QSR’s, ISO, FDA and other regulatory requirements for global design control and compliance within a medical product development environment is preferred.
Demonstrated experience in managing technical teams, required.
Demonstrated experience managing project resources across multiple geographic locations, preferred.
Ability to drive change across multiple functional departments.
Ability to analyze and drive solutions for wide-ranging issues.
Strong team orientation toward negotiating creative solutions within cross-functional organization.
Must be proficient in MS Office Applications (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word), internet applications and electronic mail systems
Call to Action/Contact
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today!Not yet ready to apply? That’s okay! Learn more about us by joining our Talent Network on
or following us on Twitter at
Mother and Child Care-10011403
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Philips is a diversified technology company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of...