This position is responsible for new product introductions in the area of low voltage power MOSFETs, integrated driver and power device modules, and power integrated circuits.
The candidate must have experience managing large groups of technical resources. Currently the team consists of more than 15 product engineers, system architects, IC designers, layout, test engineers and technicians responsible for 60+ new product introductions a year. Indirect reports for test and product characterization in offshore locations are also part of the core team.
The candidate should have experience in product definition and analysis of power devices and systems. In depth understanding of thermal and electrical limitations of power products and systems, and packaging solutions for these systems is a critical skill. Experience in driver IC design and/or definition is a plus.
San Jose, CA
- Develop the team and team skills to support leadership products with a focus on developing a creative and collaborative environment of innovation.
- Ramp up and accelerate the pace and value of new product development to help enable growth in this multi-hundred million dollar business.
- Improve infrastructure supporting new product conceptualization and design including design tool development, and design data base management.
- Coordinate with product marketing and strategic technologists to develop high value product road maps and strategies.
- Coordinate with manufacturing test groups to ensure platforms and capacity are aligned and planned for existing and future product needs.
- Work closely with project managers, the product logistics director, and planning group for support of engineering samples and customer design-in needs.
- Support product electrical and thermal models.
- Coordinate customer product support data requests and analysis.
- Collaborate with and support product marketing on the development of collateral sales documents for new products.
- Develop and manage characterization and test lab procedures and methods in off-shore facilities.
- Oversee quality assurance procedures and methods for new product qualification.