HATCHBEAUTY is looking for an energetic, highly motivated professional to serve as Product Development Manager under the direction of the Director of Product Development. The selected candidate will play a key role in initiating new formula development in all personal care categories. This position requires an extremely organized individual with a strong work ethic to support the continued growth of the company. HATCHBEAUTY offices are located in Santa Monica, California.
- Understand and communicate each client or retailers’ brand identity and customer target
- Analyze seasonal color trends and new product concepts for development
- Create development strategies with the guidance of Creative Director and Director of Product Development
- Manage product and color formula submissions for each retailer or client
- Be responsible for ensuring that skin care, body care, hair care, fragrance, gift and color cosmetic lines are consistent with market trends as well as business and brand strategy
- Seasonally source new product formulas/color/concepts through vendor relations, industry data, and competitive shopping and fashion trends
- Oversee raw material vendor sourcing and raw material vendor approval process
- Work with any and all R&D manufacturing facilities to properly instruct on formula development
- Communicate cost analysis and retail margin specifications on new product development
- Manage and provide direction to Product Management team following established protocols and processes
- Manage interaction with cross-functional teams (creative, production and regulatory)
- Write directions and cautions for new products as well as coordinating the calculation of net weight statements with R&D
- Attend trade shows and review trend analysis and industry publications
- Maintain a consistent organized work environment and ongoing motivation to reach objectives under fast-paced demanding circumstances
HATCHBEAUTY is a company focused on beauty innovation. We specialize in working with brands and retailers on product development, turnkey product, creative services and strategic planning in cosmetic, skincare, hair care and fragrance. Our experience is broad, including developing concepts appropriate for all channels of trade ranging from prestige & specialty retail, direct to consumer, e‐commerce and mass market. We specialize in custom, brand‐focused projects. Hatch Beauty delivers intelligent, inspired solutions in areas of creative services, product development, brand strategy, product design, product concepts, packaging design and execution planning.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in personal care industry with key emphasis on product development and research
- Skin care experience preferred but will train if experience is limited to color and/or body and hair
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience
Simply put, we love beauty.
Candidates interested in joining the HATCHBEAUTY team should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org . NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
HATCHBEAUTY is more than just a place to work. It’s an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside highly intelligent and motivated people in a dynamic environment. HATCHBEAUTY is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Monster - 9 months ago