Product Development Manager
- Zumetrics is looking for a Product Development Manager to create and execute a strategic product roadmap in support of its channel marketing and competitive intelligence business. Zumetrics is a start-up organization funded by a publicly traded, parent company Intersections Inc. and provides channel marketing and competitive intelligence to manufacturers and online retailers to enable them to make strategic decisions and take revenue impacting actions.
The successful Product Development Manager candidate will be someone with proven experience in product development and product management. This individual will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product requirements from internal and external sources, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and clients to ensure revenue and client satisfaction goals are meet.
The compensation and benefits for this position are industry-competitive. The work environment is a dynamic and fun place where people matter. The role is located in Fairfax, VA.
Manage the concept and planning of products/products enhancements that are consistent with overall business strategy and objectives
- Manage the entire product lifecycle, including:
· Develop market/product requirements based on market analysis and customer input
· Manage the coordination of cross-functional teams to ensure successful integration of product design, product development and marketing activities
· Define Go-To-Market Plan
· Serve as subject matter expert, product line champion and competitive expert
· Identify, articulate and prioritize customer needs and market requirements
· Conduct research on the current technological trends and consumer needs to develop insights of the market and understand the business opportunities
· Identify new product ideas and collaborate with the senior management to identify the business potential
· Create financial models and perform financial analysis to understand the viability of the new product development projects
· Develop business cases for innovative products & expansion of the product line with a Go-To-Market Plan
· Manage the concept and planning of products/products enhancements that are consistent with overall business strategy and objectives
· Provide clear business requirements and rigorous feedback to the IT team.
· Ability to articulate a strong correlation between product usage and development features to solving specific customer problems
· Develop the technical product architecture to ensure it evolves to meet business needs
· Work in an Agile environment by building case stories and capturing/tracking in JIRA
· Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
· Identify and negotiate with partner companies and data providers as a part of the product development process
· Streamline team activities and follow efficient steps to improve and evolve the product development process
· Create, submit and present monthly product update to stakeholders on product roadmap as well as market trends and analysis
· Feels comfortable in a dynamic and fast changing environment.
· Well organized and a team player by nature
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or business at a minimum, masters preferred.
- Proven track record of at least 5 years of experience in product development and product management, managing the inception, development, and launch of successful products
- Strong analytical skills to ascertain customer’s business needs through knowledge of their business, success factors, and key performance measures
- Ability to influence the development of the technical product architecture to ensure it evolves to meet business needs
- Working knowledge of web-based technology and a track record development technology based services
- Strong SDLC experience with an emphasis on Agile and Scrum as well as experience with JIRA or other bug/story tracking systems
- Must be a good facilitator and have excellent verbal communication skills to explain your views clearly, to audiences of all technical and non-technical levels.
- Proactive, self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Startup experience. This is a startup environment and will require creative and aggressive thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, adapt efficiently and respond to challenges effectively.
- MS-Office and Visio skills
Intersections Inc - 16 months ago