SABIC is a world leader in providing materials solutions in engineering thermoplastics.
In order to support our continuous growth strategy we are looking for a:
As member of the Global Technology team, you will lead new technology efforts for developing proprietary polymers and products. Your main responsibilities will be:
• Lead New Product Introductions and execute technology programs to drive short and long term business growth strategy.
• Provide and develop technical leadership in initiating and driving Product Development programs with a strong focus on Design for Six Sigma.
• Lead Platform and Product technology efforts to develop innovative solutions for customers with close interaction with them.
• Provide technical leadership supporting scale-up and implementation of next generation products working closely with process, other product development, and manufacturing teams.
• Provide technology support to manufacturing as needed to help troubleshoot and optimize plant performance.
• Ensure effective interaction and communication across functions and to business management.
The site is located in Selkirk, NY just south of Albany, NY
• Ph.D. in Polymer Science & Engineering, Chemistry or Materials Science
• Demonstrated technology excellence with proven ability of program management and coordination.
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• Strong knowledge of polymerization fundamentals and materials characterization is desired.
• Excellent written and oral communication, organization and interaction skills.
• Ability to work in cross-functional and global teams.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proven six sigma skills.
• High energy, results-oriented.
SABIC Innovative Plastics - 16 months ago