Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
Product Director, Test Preparation
The Product Director is responsible for defining strategy, target markets, product roadmap, pricing and financial models, release planning and managing product launches for Hobsons K12 test preparation product line. This individual will present roadmap recommendations to the division Senior Leadership Team and keep senior leadership informed about progress and performance. The role will involve working closely with customers, management, engineering, user experience, and a full cross-functional team including product marketing, professional services and sales. The Product Director will report to the EVP of Product Strategy & Development and will be held accountable along with Marketing, Sales and Success Management for annual revenue targets for their product line.
- Analyze corporate goals, market intelligence, competitive intelligence, sales and marketing feedback, customer support feedback and user research to develop product strategy and roadmap recommendations
- Meet with customers regularly
- Present product roadmap recommendations for quarterly review and approval to the Senior Leadership Team
- Collaborate with Finance, Marketing and Sales to develop financial models, pricing recommendations and sales targets
- Serve as an expert for high-stakes sales interactions where appropriate.
- Supervise one or more product managers
- Develop release plans and product backlog in coordination with product managers, engineering and user experience teams
- Coordinate with User Research to develop a long-term research plan
- Coordinate with product managers, customer support and consulting to ensure that operations requests, bug fixes, services requests and customer requests are prioritized appropriately within the product line backlog
- Coordinate with product managers, marketing, sales and services on product launch planning
- Present at customer and industry conferences
- Participate in partnership discussions and meetings related to the test preparation product line
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to document identity and employment eligibility
- 5-10 years of experience in the test preparation market
- 2-4 years of product management experience
We are a hard-working, fun-loving office, and we’re looking for the right fit—someone with great communication skills and a solid work ethic who picks up skills quickly.
Hobsons offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Dental Plan
· 401K Plan
· Section 125/Flexible Spending Accounts
· Generous Holiday and Vacation Schedule
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at
EEO / M / F / D / V
Hobsons - 24 months ago