Responsible for design, development, testing and control of engineering projects where decisions are made within the limits of general practices and standards. Exercise technical direction over engineering support personnel. Use independent judgment, but can receive some direct guidance from the supervisor.
- Interface with Customer Design and Release Engineers to develop, validate and release vehicle heat exchangers and front end modules
- Attend peer reviews and design release meetings
- Validate and release engineering drawings that meet customer requirements
- Issue and follow all necessary paperwork/reports for design changes, engineering permits, verification testing, product/material specification changes, and customer approvals
- Review and approve inspection reports, and product approval documents
- Travels as required
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Highly developed oral & written communication skills
- High level of team-oriented skills
- Able to read and understand engineering prints/drawings, and utilize geometric tolerance (GD&T)
Education & Training
- Skilled experience with Statistical Analysis
- Experience with Auto Cad
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- Unigraphics experience
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes
Location: 200 Upper Mountain Road, Lockport, NY 14094
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical and/or Aerospace Engineering (minimum 4 year program) or equivalent training/experience required
Primary Location: US-NY-Lockport
Posting Date: May 4, 2012 - Jun 3, 2012
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...