Primary responsibilities as related to the design, validation, and release activities for front axle assemblies. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Evaluate customer requirements and determine appropriate design.
- Professionally represent AAM and AAM Product Engineering to the customer. Provide written and verbal technical communications.
- Engineering analysis (stack-ups, calculations, interfacing with CAE group)
- Perform design analysis for current programs, future products, and cost reduction opportunities.
- Project management (Oversee & track wide range of activities via PERT, Gantt, etc.)
- Develop, validate and release component designs.
- Determine test requirements and write test orders.
- Participate in managing engineering project budget, support Cost Analysis process.
- Provide technical direction to CAD designers, manufacturing/process engineers, suppliers, purchasing, analysis & test engineers, etc.
- Procurement of Prototype Parts for Validation and Customer Requirements
- Follow-up with suppliers to ensure MRD’s are met.
- Release of Bill Of Materials
- Provide Bill Of Materials and technical information in support of corporate cost estimating and other activities.
- Approval of all Product Math Models and Detailed Drawings
- Creation of Product Structure (BOM) within Electronic Information System
- Completion of Prototype Build Request (Drawings, Specifications, Build Data Sheets)
- Initiate and coordinate the design, development, prototype builds, and validation process from concept thru production launch. May have supervisory responsibilities over a small group for specific engineering objectives.
- Determine root cause and make corrective action recommendations.
- Participate in Product Launch Teams
- Participate in Supplier Technical Reviews
- Ability to travel up to 20% U.S. & International
- Self starter, sense of urgency
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes. First hand experience preferred.
- Familiarity with hypoid gears, bearings, and mechanic of material preferred.
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Strong decision making skills, with the ability to grasp technical concepts quickly
- Other duties as assigned
American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc. - 22 months ago
American Axle & Manufacturing (AAM) is GM's right-hand man for driveline systems and forged products. AAM manufactures axles,...