The Product Engineer will oversee all aspects of product support from "cradle to grave" working in a team environment. Specific product responsibilities will be assigned within our broad offering of industrial automation products which includes PLCs, operator interfaces, drives, motors, motion controls, process controls, pneumatics, enclosures, sensors, power supplies, hand tools, pilot devices, relays, circuit breakers, fuses, transformers, terminal blocks, contactors, connection systems, signal conditioners, wire & cable, etc.
- Requires 7 years' experience (10 years preferred) in industrial automation market including product application, control system integration, technical support of industrial control products and/or product design. Similar experience in related markets such as building automation, retail automation, hospitality automation, etc. may be considered.
- Experience with PLC products is desirable.
- Experience with agency approvals (UL, CSA, CE, RoHS, etc.) and CAD (AutoCAD, SolidWorks) is desirable
- Must possess self confidence, organizational skills, time management skills and excellent communication skills.
- Education in technical discipline with preference for BS in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Subject matter expert with responsibility to support products including:
- Product evaluation and testing
- Sourcing material (for catalogs, manuals, webinars, application notes, application articles, etc.)
- Technical training for internal teams
- Support for new product introductions
- Backline support for customer technical support team
Candidate must also be able to work on and manage projects independently, meet deadlines and have excellent interpersonal skills. Some scheduled domestic and international travel is required.
- Work on life-cycle projects to improve product quality and lower product cost.
- Cross functional servant leader and bridge builder working within the team, with other AutomationDirect.com teams and with our product suppliers.
AutomationDirect.com - 22 months ago