This individual will be responsible for the creation and design of new products related to the infrastructure castings business. Other duties may also be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the creation and design of new products and modification of existing designs.
- Utilizes CAD (Solid Works), Word, Excel and other computer-related skills to create, develop and design new and existing parts and products.
- Assists Product Engineering team in implementing company sales and product initiatives.
- Responsible for reviewing and monitoring customer quality issues with appropriate staff.
- Acts as sales and customer contact for Product Engineering team.
- 10% travel may be required to assist with on-site training and installation of products.
- Confers with management, manufacturing, marketing and sales staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Responsible for working with sales staff to get EJ products specified.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Bachelors Degree (B. S.) or equivalent experience required.
- Must present self in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Must possess good organizational and self-motivational skills, as well as strong computer abilities.
- Must have the ability to analyze and interpret mechanical drawings, professional journals, technical procedures, etc.
- Must have the ability to effectively explain and present information to work groups and customers.
Professional Engineer Certificate desired, not required.