Provides technical lead in new actuator design and development. Works in all phases of product development including design, testing and analysis.
Supports other disciplines in addressing technical issues with respect to current-production actuators.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Performs investigative engineering analysis of all types as required: performs complex engineering calculations and computer simulations; applies knowledge of electromagnetics, RFI/EMI, gears, Noise, Vibration and Harshness to create new designs.
- Ensures robust and cost effective product design by applying Advanced Product Quality Planning tools, coordinates development of complex layouts and approves subsequent part and assembly drawings.
- Analyzes, specifies, and approves part designs based on familiarity with materials, manufacturing processes and applications.
- Creates plans for and analyzes and approves results of validation tests, not only to meet customer specifications, but also to ensure product robustness in its application environment.
- Communicates with customers and suppliers as technical expert.
- Recommends design tools to improve design efficiency and productivity.
- Maintains records and files related to own work. Organizes records and work efforts to assure timely accomplishments of tasks.
- Periodically checks work area and maintain a neat and orderly work area. Observes company policy related to dress, appearance, attendance, employment, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job duties are subject to change as directed by management.
Academic & Personal Qualification
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3 to 5 years experience in Design and Development Engineering.
- 1-year exposure to high volume, low cost, part design and production.
- In-depth knowledge of Direct Current motor and/or gear design plus vehicle Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems are highly desirable.
Other Important Information
Johnson Electric offers talented employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits.
To apply for the position please forward resume in confidence to: email@example.com
(Please include US-PRODENG-SPG-JE in subject heading)
NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer/AA/M/F/D/V
Johnson Electric - 20 months ago