Magna Seating, a wholly-owned operating unit of Magna International, is an innovative leader in the development and manufacture of high quality complete seat solutions and seat mechanisms for the global automotive industry.
Develops, designs and improves new and existing automotive products. Generally completes the following duties and responsibilities with the support of senior engineering personnel and/or engineering management.
Authorities as detailed in Standard Operating Procedure 8000.
- Generally assigned to increasingly complex components, sub-assemblies and systems, e.g. may be responsible for changes based on new requirements or packaging constraints, or may contribute to the application of new technology.
- Coordinates the complete development for the designated products including, but not limited to design, build and test activities, in accordance with standard operating procedures and the product delivery process.
- Incorporates customer requirements, regulations and product specifications into the design of the designated products, ensuring compliance with operational, cost, timing, safety, reliability, quality, and manufacturing feasibility parameters.
- Analyzes products and formulates engineering conclusions by the application of engineering and/or mathematical principles and tools. Applies QFD, FEA, FMEA, DOE, VA/VE and DFM/DFA in the development of the product.
- Writes/compiles engineering content for the following deliverables: engineering specifications and documentation, including DVP&R’s, 8D’s, GD&T, BOM, prototype control plans, key product characteristics, engineering changes and work orders.
- Consults and collaborates with personnel in various engineering and design activities relative to product development requirements. Conducts effective communications within the project team and the customer, supplier, manufacturing and quality communities with guidance from engineering management and senior engineering personnel. Maintains all appropriate documentation.
- Provides engineering direction and support to design personnel.
- Reviews and approves engineering designs. Reviews, approves, completes, and submits required change notices to ensure design outputs meet design inputs.
- Independently prioritizes the completion of tasks and resolution of issues to ensure compliance to program deliverables. Contributes to the development of project timing.
Knowledge and Education
Bachelors degree (or Bachelor’s equivalency) in Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum 3 years diversified engineering experience.
Ability to apply academic and other engineering principles in the development of automotive components.
Must be able to read blue prints. Basic competency in CAD and GD&T.
Working knowledge of statistical methods, i.e. APQP, DFSS.
Must be able to apply academic principles and utilize math-based tools.
Strong communication skills: verbal and written.
Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully complete multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines.
Demonstrated successful performance with independent problem solving and presentations.
Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer, may require travel.
Through its various subsidiaries and divisions, Magna International makes just about everything needed to put together a motor vehicle....