This is a non-supervisory individual contributor role that is responsible for managing and assisting Product Development in design, research, testing, and other services to support the needs for all new product and improvements as well as our existing product offering. Responsible for influencing engineering teams at specific sites and coordinating projects with other locations, the Product Development team, and Manufacturing.
Organizational Relationship :
Reports directly to the Manager, Stock Product Development.
Characteristics & Attributes:
- Provide project leadership for new products and product changes by leading the Product Development Team with the plants. This includes the ability to meet project plans and related deadlines through others who do not have a direct reporting line relationship to this position.
- Assist in the Product Implementation Teams (PIT) at the various stock plant locations.
- Actively participant in the Product Management Team meetings.
- Facilitate teams in learning information associated with new product introductions, changes, and deletions.
- Create and maintain documentation for new product introductions and product changes.
- Evaluate and approve drawings, routings, specs, and other documents.
- Facilitate and support fair and trial evaluations through the plants.
- Support Special Product Notices (SPN) process at the plant level.
- Identify and initiate value engineering projects at the plant level.
- Assist the plants in the development of new product and processes, including assembly methods, construction techniques, manufacturing and assembly instructions. This includes development work for all new product or product changes that affect the various manufacturing sites.
- Assist the plants in determining manufacturing processes, material cost estimates, labor estimates, tooling and equipment for new products and existing product changes.
- Assist in supporting all manufacturing sites, with the implementation of product standardization and best practice opportunities.
- Participate in product-related lean and continuous improvement projects as needed.
- Support the evaluation of product-related production problems and provide technical support on materials and commodities with Sourcing, Quality, Accounting, Marketing, and all departments as required.
- Support resolution to quality initiatives with investigation and troubleshooting skills.
- Participate in customer visits dealing with product support.
- Ability to travel as required. Estimated travel currently anticipated for this position is ~15%.
Education & Experience:
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department and the company and foster teamwork.
- Ability to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skills necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills - listening, verbal, written, and presentation.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with tight timelines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be self-starting and self-directing with limited supervision.
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE.... come home to MASTERBRAND.
- An Associate's-level degree in Manufacturing, Operations Management, or a related field is minimally required.
- A BS degree in Manufacturing, Operations Management, or a related field is highly preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience in a manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
- 5+ years of project management experience is highly preferred.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It's our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.
Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -
National Office Furniture
National Office Furniture
- 1 hour ago
Kimball International, Inc
- 5 days ago
- 5 days ago
At Masterbrand Cabinets, Inc. we make more than cabinets; we make dreams come true. Our focus is listening to today's families, then...