Imagine a working environment where people trust each other to achieve exceptional things.
working for a company that allows you to try, to fail, to learn, to grow, and to succeed.
This is the reality of Moog – and you can be a part of it.
Moog Aircraft Group is seeking Senior Product Engineer to act as the conduit between Design Engineering and Manufacturing in order to complete projects on time and under budget. We are looking for someone with both hands-on experience in manufacturing as well as an understanding of Mechanical/Electro-Mechanical Design Engineering.
Here’s what you’ll be working on day to day:
- Turn initial design drawings into manufacturing-line ready products. This will include determining tooling and fixturing, as well as creating detailed instructions for our operators on how to manufacture the product.
- Work in concert with design engineers to determine cost-to-build, and come up with suggestions on cost-saving measures to stay within budget for the entire project.
- Create test procedures that meet our standards as well as our customer’s requirements.
- Directly interface with design, lab engineering, wet processing and heat treat, and the manufacturing shop floor.
- Work independently with a level of responsibility and latitude for un-reviewed decisions and actions that will directly impact production.
- Interface with our customers and close coordination with our Moog contracts department to ensure on-time delivery of products.
Here’s the skills we need you to bring with you:
- Assemble the first development units, and then train the assembly line technicians on how to assemble and test end units, ensuring that assembly instructions are explicit enough for all assembly technicians.
Technical Expert – BS in Mechanical Engineering. Experience in an industry using comparable technology and in creating assembly instructions for complicated hydraulic and mechanical gear driven actual products is a must. This expertise typically cannot be gained in less than 10 years of on-the-job experience.
Outstanding communicator – You will be communicating to all levels of the organization with regards to your production ideas, your team’s progress, and other concerns. You must be comfortable and well versed in all forms of communication.
Facilitator extraordinaire – you will lead and interface with engineers at all levels. You must be able to motivate your team to perform to the best of their abilities at all times.
Personable, Professional, and Confident – Moog is a company built on a foundation of mutual trust and respect. We hire smart people and expect them to find the best ways to accomplish the goals we give them. We work in teams, and everyone’s input is valued.
Multitasking Specialist – you will be responsible for multiple end units with multiple day-to-day issues.
Excellent Problem-Solver – We simply cannot afford the time to do trial and error in problem-solving. We need you to instinctively know good solutions and work-arounds and be able to implement them on the fly.
Computer Wizardry – Excel, Power Point and Word are required to perform the tasks in this position. Microsoft Project and CAD background are highly desirable.
Moog, Inc - 8 months ago