Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world. Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, and municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets. Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
Product Engineer (CPF)
Overview of Position:
As the Product Engineer ( CPF) you will lead Engineering projects through the New Product Introduction Process (EPMS / Accolade)
- Design and development of polymer filtration systems.
- Design of new systems including filter vessels and valves but must also have the ability to adapt quickly and customize products to meet new requirements.
- Work with other Engineers (Housings, Vessels, Elements and Systems) for Industrial Process to build and maintain a strong team of scientists and engineers dedicated to innovation in product development and excellence in project execution for Industrial Process.
- Develop a solid understanding of customer applications within the Industrial Process business
- Work with the Engineering Managers (Housings, Vessels, Elements and Systems): Industrial Process to manage a broad portfolio of core, adjacent, and transformational projects across product areas and multiple global locations (Americas, Europe, Asia) that are aligned with business strategy.
- Apply sound scientific and engineering principles to develop innovative robust and cost effective products and processes designed for manufacturability.
- Communicate project, resource, talent, and portfolio status and technical strategy to a broad audience within the company and externally, including senior management. Through a process of continuous improvement develop the New Product Introduction Processes across all disciplines so that time to market can be reduced whilst still ensuring a robust and effective process.
- Preparation of accurate costing estimates for design proposals in conjunction with manufacturing, Supply Chain and external suppliers.
- Specify materials, components, and assemblies with performance, serviceability, longevity and economy in mind.
- Preparation of full, clear, and concise specifications for product function for use in internal and external documentation.
- Perform duties to an agreed program; manage priorities by liaison with Engineering Manager.
- Working processes to be in accordance with the Pall Quality Management System.
- Introduction of new technologies wherever possible which reduce costs and increase time / resource efficiencies.
- Financial and Budgetary control for assigned projects ensuring agreed targets are met and contribute to budget planning processes for the Process Engineering group.
- 5 – 10 % travel both within the UK and abroad
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, HND or HNC Mechanical Engineering or related Science
- 2-3 Years’ Experience project tracking including cost budgeting; spend analysis, resource allocation, risk identification and mitigation.
- 2-3 Years’ Management experience of a new product introduction process design / project management system typically as stage gate process or similar.
- 2-3 Years’ Experience of the design of structures, machined parts, welded structures, seal mechanisms and pressure vessel design including international pressure vessel codes ASME VIII, PD5500, EN13445 & RCCM.
- 2-3 Years’ Experience of current safety legislation and risk assessment / management.
- 2-3 Years’ Experience in FEA or CFD.
- 2-3 Years’ Experience of fluid dynamics for both Newtonian and None-Newtonian fluids.
- 5 – 10 % travel both within the UK and abroad therefore a current driving license and passport
The above describes the essential content of and requirements for proficient performance in the position and is not meant to be all-inclusive.
- Chartered Engineer with membership of a relevant Engineering Institution.
- 2-3 Years’ Experience of working within an ISO9000 / ISO16949 environment or subsequent.
- 2-3 Years’ Experience of the use of a 2D / 3D CAD system (preferably IBM CATIA) in preparation of drawings in accordance with global standards (BS8888 / ASME 14.5) is essential.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or protected veteran status or marital status. US Citizenship or Resident Alien status required to support government programs and projects.
Pall Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or protected veteran status or marital status.
With operations around the globe, Pall is not small. The company operates two businesses globally: Life Sciences and Industrial. The Life...