Develops and maintains product lines and industrial processes in accordance with industry standards and customer requirements, and improves quality, efficiency, and profitability.
· Responsible for the engineering database (specifications, drawings, procedures) for assigned product lines.
· Consults with and coordinates the engineering effort with customers, Marketing, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Quality Assurance/Quality Control.
· Performs design and oversees drafting in product development, and ensures layouts, drawings and documentation are prepared in accordance with company procedures and industry regulations.
· Develops procedures for product testing, repair/maintenance, cleaning, packaging, etc. and performs training.
· Performs product testing to establish and validate product performance to specifications.
· Maintains a working knowledge of all Codes and Standards applicable to the assigned product lines. Reviews Code and Standards document changes affecting products.
· Review/recommend new equipment and tooling, and develop cost justification and capital expenditure requests.
· Domestic and international travel required to provide technical assistance to customer and supplier facilities.
· May perform other special duties or projects as requested by Engineering Manager.
. Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering required. Knowledge of valves, ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Lean manufacturing, and experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
2. Working knowledge of mechanical engineering practices, standards, computers, MS Office, engineering software (AutoCAD or equivalent), planning, presentation, facilitation, problem solving and analytical skills.
3. Must have outstanding interpersonal, communication and leadership skills along with demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team environment throughout all levels of the organization.
4. Candidate should be self-motivated, creative and results-oriented with little supervision and posses good project management, organizational, prioritization, and team-based skills. Must be able to positively motivate co-workers at all levels of the organization to implement change.
5. Listening and conflict management skills are also important.
Pentair Ltd. - 17 months ago