Serves as the manufacturing engineering technical liaison between development and test engineers, product management, suppliers and contract manufacturer. Reviews engineering requirements, documents, designs and test plans for new projects and sustaining engineering project. Responsible for ensuring products are designed for manufacturability (DFM) from a PCB/PCBA and system level assembly perspective to meet/exceed cost and quality objectives. Performs high level statistical analysis of yield, return/repair and other data to determine root causes of quality issues and to drive corrective actions. Composes engineering and manufacturing change orders and deviations using company’s product management system, including reviewing and releasing mechanical parts, assembly drawings, PCBA, BOM and work instructions. Develops, releases, and maintains system level Bill of Materials and defines/releases customer orderable SKUs for assigned products. Identifies and implements cost reductions as part of new product development and sustaining engineering process. Trains contract manufacturer personnel on product assembly techniques and manage development builds including part availability and purchase. Manages and coordinates product manufacturing readiness for PCBA and system builds at prototype suppliers and contract manufacturing partners. Travel required, up to 40% international, to work with suppliers and manufacturers. Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Electrical/Electronics or Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- 7 years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in the job offered or in related product development quality engineering.
- 7 years of product development, manufacturing, test, and quality engineering experience with electronics;
- 7 years of experience with contract manufacturing;
- 7 years of experience in failure analysis and leading teams to discover root causes of quality/yield issues;
- 7 years of experience using statistical analysis to analyze yield, return/repair and other data to understand quality issues and determine root cause;
- 5 years of experience with new product introduction and sustaining engineering experience;
- 5 years of experience in training personnel on manufacturing techniques; and
- 3 years of experience with Microsoft Office products.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree plus 7 years of experience, the employer will accept a Master’s degree in the same subject areas plus two years of related experience. Additional Information • To apply for this position please go to www.polycom.com
- No Agency Resumes will be accepted for this Position.
- No relocation budget authorized.
- Thank you very much for your interest in Polycom!
- Polycom is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Polycom, Inc. - 18 months ago
Polycom's vision is a world united by video. The company makes video-conferencing and immersive telepresence (which combines digital...