Sogefi Engine Systems USA, Inc. |
, is a world leader in the design and manufacturing of engine filtration, air intake and cooling systems for both top vehicle manufacturers and the replacement markets.
Join an exciting, dynamic, growing organization! Sogefi has over 6,700 employees with a worldwide presence in 21 countries on 4 continents, with 43 manufacturing sites and 18 sales offices. People are Sogefis main success factor; the contribution of each single employee to the Companys growth has always been the winning ingredient that has allowed us to achieve international leadership over the years. Despite Sogefis large global presence, we maintain a small-company atmosphere where employees can enjoy an open-door philosophy, flexible working schedule, employee involvement activities and an industry competitive compensation/benefits package, including; health, dental, vision, life, disability insurances and 401k.
We are seeking a Product Engineer to join our R&D facility located in Rochester Hills, MI.
- Sogefi design responsible for allocated programs.
- Design system components to meet customer and Sogefi specifications within established timelines by providing technical direction to designers and technicians, conducting meetings and applying good engineering principles.
- Communicate to internal/external customers/suppliers, product definition and key characteristics.
- Interface with customer to define design requirements and assist customer in the design of the system.
- With the support of the Validation Engineer:
- Identify, coordinate and communicate FMEA, validation simulation and tests to internal project team and external customer and suppliers.
- Design fixtures, establish procedures and instrumentation for specialized system and component testing to provide vital design data.
- Perform failure analysis associated with our products using team-oriented problem solving techniques.
- Generate and report product durability, reliability, and performance capabilities based on laboratory and field test results.
- Support Sogefis Manufacturing Engineer, Equipment Engineer, and outside suppliers in developing the best methods of producing parts meeting customers quality and cost requirements.
- Issue, maintain, and revise product specifications to keep record current with new information and requirements.
- Communicate with Account Managers and customers in establishing design and development programs that will meet customer timing and specifications.
- Assist buyer, prototype and Tool Development Manager in understanding customer specifications and in the source selection for prototype and production parts suppliers.
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in an engineering (mechanical preferred) or science discipline and one year of related experience.
- Must have an understanding of product validation and release systems, services, test techniques and product and system FMEA's or the ability to learn these processes.
- Requires a thorough understanding of mechanical engineering principles and problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to design/analyze various kinds of components, and provide failure analysis.
- Good interpersonal skills to communication with customers, suppliers and peers.
- Ability of project management and decision making in order to accomplish jobs in an efficient manner.
CareerBuilder - 12 months ago