Job Description & Qualifications
Ford Motor Company’s Global Engine Engineering (GEE) Team is in need of a highly qualified candidate to join the organization in a direct hire employment role to perform the design of engine components of a moderate to major complexity as part of the Global Engine Engineering team.
As a designer of complex engine components in the Ford Motor Company Engine and Vehicle environment the candidate will be performing, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Design of complex engine components
- Provide documentation of fit and function
- Apply design rules to designs as required, and ensuring proper tolerances are applied.
- Apply manufacturing, assembly, and service requirements to the design of each component
- Participate in departmental and organizational teams to solve design problems and improve work methods.
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that is focused on the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live.
- Strong documented design experience, with a minimum of three years hands-on experience using CATIA V5 for part modeling, assemblies, & detailing tools; additional work bench experience a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of Manufacturing Processes, including sand & die castings, injection moldings, machining processes, and Design For Assembly and Design For Service
- Experience in completing arithmetic and statistical tolerance stack-ups
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Design or related curriculum is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Teamcenter Engineering (preferred)
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. We have a commitment to our products and customers, but also know that our employees are the driving force behind our success. Find out what it is like to love your job.
Come discover a Company that is focused on designing better cars, but also cares about you, your family and your community. By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Ford Motor Company - 13 months ago