Magna Seating, a wholly-owned operating unit of Magna International, is an innovative leader in the development and manufacture of high quality complete seat solutions and seat mechanisms for the global automotive industry.
Serves as a technical specialist, independently evaluating, selecting and applying advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes to provide product recommendations within an area of expertise. Recommends design direction primarily in the improvement of existing products, processes and analytical tools.
- Consults with engineering personnel and Lead Engineers to provide recommendations for the improvement of existing products and processes.
- Utilizes knowledge of current procedures, regulations, customer and industry requirements and practices to successfully create or assist in defining product and test specifications in order to obtain, operational, cost, timing, safety, reliability, quality, and manufacturing feasibility.
- Provides recommendations for and writes and supports the compilation and implementation of specifications and documentation as required. Coordinates and prepares engineering deliverables pursuant to the PDP process, as required.
- Provides recommendations to engineering management and purchasing for the selection of suppliers for design, manufacturing and outside services.
- Consults and collaborates with supplier representatives regarding design changes or modifications resulting from part interface, design changes or cost reduction proposals. Provides expert oversight and serves as a liaison between suppliers and the company.
- Maintains affiliations with appropriate professional and technical groups.
- Plans and facilitates testing, as required. Records, analyzes, and reports data to appropriate internal engineering groups, material suppliers and customers.
- Supports critical design reviews.
- Provides robust design methods to eliminate prior campaign failure modes. Where a campaign is initiated, provides technical leadership to resolve the issues.
- Supports the improvement of internal systems and procedures.
- Effectively conducts communications (verbal and written) with Engineering, Purchasing, Suppliers, Program Management, Operations Management, Plant Management, and Customers, as appropriate.
Knowledge and Education
- Bachelors degree (or Bachelor’s equivalency) in Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 8 years diversified engineering experience, to include 2 years experience in field of expertise. Recognized within the organization as a technical expert within field of expertise.
- Must demonstrate exceptional problem solving skills, viable concept development, and proficiency with statistical methods, i.e. APQP, DFSS. Must be able to use and improve math-based tools.
- Knowledge of government and OEM specifications in area of expertise.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully coordinate and complete multiple tasks within and across departments to meet established and changing deadlines.
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and technical presentations.
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
Magna - 9 months ago
Through its various subsidiaries and divisions, Magna International makes just about everything needed to put together a motor vehicle....