- Baytown, TX---San Jacinto Mall, 02108
Job Title: Product Expert
Do you like serving customers and doing everything you can to make them happy? Do you have a passion for Jewelry, Furniture, or Window design? Do you like being known as the most knowledgeable person in your area of expertise? Do you like being a part of something that’s never been done before? Well…being a Product Expert in the new jcp might be the position for you! Come be a part of a team that is changing the face of retail forever.
The Product Expert’s role is to be the resident guru around all things jewelry, furniture, or windows in the entire store. You know these products inside and out and love educating the customer on how your merchandise can enrich their lives.
• Educates customers – You know it all. Your merchandise can get complicated and customers need your help in understanding how things work or how they are best used. You love teaching them these things and seeing that smile on their face!
• Assists customers – You seek out customers and do whatever you can to make their experience GREAT. You listen, you help, you educate, and you make them want to come back!
• Maintains product presentation – You are always making improvements to how the merchandise is displayed after the customer has taken time to explore all of our great products!
• Replenishes products – You’ve got your finger on the pulse of the customer; you know when merchandise is getting low and you know just where to get more to ensure all of our customers have the styles and sizes they need!
• Supports a learning environment – You enjoy sharing your knowledge of store merchandise with your teammates so that they can better assist customers every day.
Skills and Characteristics
• People Skills – You are engaging and have no problem striking up a conversation with complete strangers. You like working in a team environment where you help your peers and they help you!
• Influence – You are not a pushy sales person, but you know how to maneuver in a conversation to get someone to think differently.
• Passion for Product – You know all of the finer details of the product and are always hungry to learn more.
A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. The...