Who are athenahealth Product Innovators?
We are the kind of people who love to own dynamic, important work, and have always excelled regardless of our prior field or role. We find it difficult to turn down a good challenge and have secretly developed solutions for all the world’s biggest problems. We are driven, perfectly comfortable with technology, strong communicators and find real satisfaction working in a collaborative environment. Not all of us started out in healthcare, but we know that it's badly broken and we are passionate about fixing it. We enjoy being a part of an open and friendly working environment and are always on the lookout for opportunities to learn and share our knowledge with others.
Sound familiar? You’d make a great Product Innovator at athenahealth!
What will you do in Product Innovation at athenahealth?
As a member of the Product Innovation team, you will drive design and delivery of strategic business solutions by aligning stakeholders on vision, technology and process. Your day-to-day tasks will include performing in-depth business analyses and process design to reengineering athenahealth's product offerings and internal service operations.
Your efforts will help athenahealth build a national information infrastructure that enables healthcare to work as it should. You will facilitate athenahealth’s increased growth in the healthcare marketplace, create a scalable service operation, and provide functionality to our users that enables them to be better medical care givers. Your results will apply the best of technology, standardization, and aggregation to healthcare processes that have resisted modernization for far too long.
To succeed, you will need to be a strong analytical problem solver and an excellent communicator in all situations. You will be the bridge between the business stakeholders and software developers, and will need to feel equally at home communicating with both.
As an organization, we recognize excellence and reward it whenever possible. All promotions are based on merit, not number of years in the role. As a member of our team, you will be the one in control of how far you go.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and provide expertise on complex, technical projects from concept through analysis, design and execution
- Manage relationships successfully across technology and business stakeholders
- Rapidly learn current processes and constraints to develop vision for optimal business processes
- Data-driven analysis and prioritization of complex tradeoffs
- Achieve radical, measurable performance improvements
We hire great people from diverse backgrounds and experience levels. If you are excited about solving challenging problems in healthcare and enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative, team-based environment, please apply!
- Proven track record of measureable business results
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree welcome
- Leadership with the ability to influence
- Excited to innovate in a fast-paced, but sometimes intense, rapidly-expanding company
- Enthusiasm, idealism, creativity, dedication and an open mind
- Demonstrated ability to assume sole and independent responsibility for various projects
- Ability to work collaboratively to get results
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Proven record of translating business and/or client needs into user requirements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with diverse audiences
- Experience with at least one software development life-cycle and associated processes
athenahealth, Inc. - 11 months ago
athenahealth knows that managing physician practices can result in a splitting headache, especially when patients are late paying bills or...