The Commodity Inspector is responsible for final product release to the customer. S/he performs outbound product inspections to ensure that product meets customer specifications. Inspections include verification and validation of product, packaging, labeling, sizing and weight. The Commodity Inspector is also responsible for conformance to product traceability labeling as well as organic labeling compliance.
- Performs product inspections using established acceptance criteria outlined in Mastronardi Product Specifications, known customer requirements, Commodity Inspection Check-Sheets and Food Safety guidelines. Makes a determination whether product meets criteria, which includes color, size, condition and weight of produce and accepts/rejects appropriately.
- Responsible for final release of product to the customer.
- Conducts the required number of inspections to meet the Commodity Department objectives.
- Reports non-conformance findings to responsible department manager/supervisor.
- Verifies that action was taken to correct the non-conformance, when appropriate.
- Performs any other Commodity related tasks or special projects as assigned. This may include assisting production or other operational activity.
- Post Secondary Education and/or experience in the produce industry are preferred.
- Inspection/audit experiences, working in software applications are considered assets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use and read measuring devices such as scales, calipers, ruler
- Proficient in MS Office
Sunset Produce is a family owned partnership between the Robert & Duane Munn families. Today, in its fourth generation, the partners are...