Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 25 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is headquartered in Lake Forest, California, with offices in Bothell, Washington; regional centers in Dallas, Singapore, London, Toulouse, Tokyo, Sydney and Dubai; system production facilities in Osaka; and field service, maintenance and sales facilities worldwide.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is a subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation of North America. Panasonic Corporation of North America, based in New Jersey, is the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales and service operations.
Act as the central authority with responsibility for management of a product line for systems comprised of multiple units, software and complex integration requirements. Responsible for ensuring product implementation expectations are communicated throughout the company. Responsible for identification and resolution of issues, which inhibit implementation of product commitments. May have budget responsibilities. When assigned to a Product Line Management role within a Business segment, responsible for implementing corporate product strategies as it relates to the particular segment.
Product Line Management
- Develop business plan, marketing strategy and forecasts for product lines.
- Identify and continually refine Product Line plans (requirements, phase in/out plans, target market, product marketing, sales strategy, pricing, roadmap) that provide the best return in terms of customer satisfaction and long-term company growth (sales and profit).
- Coordinate departmental or cross-functional teams focusing on delivering new or upgrading existing products.
- Continually monitor and negotiate Product Line commitments to ensure smooth implementation (development milestones, introduction rates, offer ability, etc.).
- Maintain current status of customer requirements for existing and future products.
- Assure Product Line plan is communicated, understood and implemented internally throughout PAC.
- Participate and present in select meetings with airline customers and airframe manufacturers.
- Participates in system/product discussions by either capturing product directives or presenting product requirements.
Identify and resolve any obsolescence, EOL and phase out planes
- Identify and resolve any issues which may inhibit implementation of the plan and on-time delivery.
Uses independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on-time and may be tasked with ensuring work of others is completed in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with suppliers, customers and a diverse range of internal organizations via all methods of communication.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing a Product Line from initial research at least through execution.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams supporting a product or product line lifecycle and is recognized as a company leader in this regard.
- Ability to articulate product requirements for their implementation to Product Managers.
- Ability to effectively influence multiple constituencies internally and externally without direct organizational management responsibility.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Proficient in the use of mainstream PC desktop applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, VISIO, Project).
- Works on diverse to complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Having a wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Exposure to IFE or avionics airplane installation projects, airline operations and/or electronics manufacturing preferred.
- 4 year degree, preferably in EE or CS.
- 5 years experience in the aerospace or related industry.
- 3 years in a position with customer relationship experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of Product Line Management experience
- 4 years experience in the IFE industry preferred.
- MBA with emphasis in marketing, finance or MIS preferred.
Up to 15-20% travel time, domestic and international
Panasonic - 12 months ago