Alarm.com, a rapidly expanding, entrepreneurial technology company, is seeking ambitious, hard working, recent college graduates with strong academic qualifications, diverse interests, and proven experiences in a dynamic team environment to become Product Management Associates. Very few small companies innovate and develop across as broad of a range of technologies as Alarm.com. This position is ideal for the candidate who seeks a small, friendly company culture where one can work closely with smart and highly productive people across a very interesting spectrum of technologies to develop outstanding consumer products. In this position, associates will work closely with product managers and the device engineering team on partner platform and hardware integration projects, including communication gateways, security control panels, various sensors and automation devices.
The Product Management Associate’s primary job responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the entire product development life cycle - Writing specifications for the engineering team, testing new products and features, managing beta programs, developing product marketing materials and technical documentation and supporting existing products.
- Assisting with go-to market strategy and launches for new products – facilitating product release with engineering, sales, supply chain etc., educating internal and external stakeholders and developing/delivering product presentations.
- Conducting market research – Gather feedback from customers and analyze product landscape.
- Measuring and ensuring that revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met by working closely with all areas of the company, including the engineering, support, sales, and marketing teams.
- Working with engineering, support, sales and high profile partners to troubleshoot and resolve escalated product issues
- Recommending and championing improvements to existing product lines with collaboration from internal and external stakeholders
- Acting as the product expert and liaison to internal parties as well as external dealers and partners
- Minimum B.S. or B.A. from a competitive school with strong academic performance
- Highly motivated, resourceful, self starter with ability to deliver results
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a small, fast-paced environment
- Passion for consumer technology and interest in developing a deep technical understanding of Alarm.com and partner products
- Willingness to assist in variety of product related tasks (logistical, testing, troubleshooting, planning)
- Ability to act as customer advocate in dynamic group environment while considering team’s overall priorities and goals
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- General knowledge of business, economics and/or finance
- Experience in the following areas is a plus: User Interface design, web/mobile development, computer programming, computer networking, IP video recording, cellular/wireless technology, home security systems, residential HVAC systems, smart grid technology, home automation.
Alarm.com, founded in 2000, is the industry leading technology provider of interactive security solutions. Through advanced wireless monitoring, mobile and web-based services, and a proven hosted services platform, Alarm.com helps protect over one million residential and commercial customers throughout the United States and Canada. Alarm.com’s products and services are offered exclusively through a network of over 5,000 licensed and authorized Security Dealers. Alarm.com’s headquarters are located in Vienna, VA. For more information, visit www.alarm.com.
Indeed - 6 months ago