Posting Job Title: Product Management Intern
Requisition #: 142509BR
Posting Location: Herndon, VA, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Intern
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Internship Program offers students a work experience which will create a bridge between their classroom knowledge and possible career choices. This opportunity will allow you to gain valuable professional experience within an industry leading company.
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Product Management Intern for our ATG Product Management group. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
The ATG Product Management Intern will learn how Time Warner Cable develops and launches new products to subscribers. The 10-week assignment will provide an opportunity for the intern to learn, provide valuable input and help manage projects in the strategy, research, product development, engineering, business operations, and communications, disciplines for the Advanced Technology Group's product management team.
This assignment requires the ability to multi-task and prioritize; the adaptability to move from one task to another; the ability to work in a team environment and an interest in what's happening across the spectrum of all media outlets today.
The intern will report directly to a Product Manager in the Product Management Department and will work closely with other team members. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Support compliance of product guidelines for data, voice and video customer premise equipment (CPE) across TWC's service area
- Assist in the architecture and design of products.
- Develop overview and detailed communications for new products and update literature for existing products
- Provide project management and documentation support for product launches
- Conduct research and provide analysis on emerging technologies and competitive environment across all product lines
- Must plan to return to school the semester following internship (undergraduate or graduate)
- Open to students pursuing undergraduate, graduate or law school degrees.
- Must have permanent US work authorization.
- Should have experience or coursework relevant to business need.
- Family members may apply. See Corporate employment of relatives policy.
- Required overall GPA 3.0
Excellent organizational capability; good verbal and written communication skills; comfortable working in a constantly changing environment while meeting deadlines; self-motivated; ability to gather data and return pertinent information; flexibility to work with changing priorities and ability to adapt to new processes; ability to work effectively and act professionally with all staff levels; ability to work with minimal/moderate supervision. Proficiency in MS Office - including Powerpoint, Word and Excel. Knowledge in Visio and Microsoft Project helpful.
Education and Experience:
Must be currently enrolled in a degreed program in the Spring and Fall 2013 semesters to be eligible.
Our 10 week program begins June 3rd and ends August 9th .This is a full time (40 hour work week) paid internship. Please note we do not provide housing.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
Time Warner Cable - 22 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...