The Product Management Trainee (PMT) will be shadowing and training with their respective Category Managers or Product Management Directors on buying, merchandising, non-traditional sales, and marketing. PMT’s will also be learning how to manage vendor relations, identifying consumer trends, and targeting appropriate consumer segments to drive sales.
- Assist Team Managers in developing vendor relations and executing promotional programs.
- Partner with other PMT’s to support category growth and maximize ROI.
- Collaborate with Managers on new product launches and market cutting edge technological innovations to consumers.
- Cooperate with various departments to learn about our targeted market segments and how they maximize product margins.
- Research and understand how inventory is managed according to e-commerce standards which includes inventory ratio, cold items and inventory balancing.
- Identify pricing strategies based on competitor’s landscape and recommend solutions.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s in Business or related degree from an accredited university
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team-oriented approach
- Strong desire to learn and develop
- Driven to deliver results against stretch targets
- Self-starter with a high attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven leadership ability
NewEgg - 17 months ago