This position will work with a team of Business Intelligence and Data Architecture professionals in addition to key decision-makers as a data-driven advisor and partner on strategic issues.
This position will lead a team of Business Intelligence professionals in the design and implementation of business intelligence and reporting solutions for the company.
This position is responsible for creating an overall strategy that incorporates the needs of key business stakeholders as they relate to information reporting, analysis, mining, visualization, dashboards and distribution, and then delivering solutions that meet or exceed these expectations. Through the strategic use of information, this position will help create competitive advantages for Velti.
The candidate for this position will have a demonstrated experience in delivering projects successfully, on budget and on time as well as have the necessary collaboration skills to motivate team members to focus on customer needs and deliver on their project objectives.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on BI problems involving large data sets and a variety of cutting edge technologies at Velti.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Work in partnership with key business stakeholders to identify reporting requirements, including the definition and ongoing management of an overall Business Intelligence strategy for the company.
- Work with the various business stakeholders to identify optimization opportunities in campaign delivery and performance to yield better results for our customers
- Lead the efforts to create, improve and optimize the visualizations of Velti’s data
- Analyze data structure of various Velti products and recommend improvements for these
- Drive the requirement gathering and write specifications for various Velti data products and data integration projects.
- Lead the design activity for our major reporting initiatives
- Minimum of 5 years of a professional level enterprise Business Intelligence experience for a company of similar size and complexity (Internet, Media, Advertising)
- Proven experience in the development and implementation of a Business Intelligence Strategy and Roadmap, project oversight, project status reporting, issue management, budget and risk management.
- Hands on expert knowledge of Tableau and/or other BI reporting tools.
- Demonstrated experience and business acumen to partner with senior management stakeholders to understand business unit information and reporting needs, and to design and deliver reusable services and capabilities across the enterprise
- Experience in the development of Key Performance Measures and Indicators that drive performance measurement, reporting and analytics across all business functions. Demonstrated proficiency to communicate how these metrics and measures align and track against overall business strategies, goals and objectives.
- Undergraduate degree (Computer Science or Information Management degree preferred)
- Experience with Vertica or any other analytical database is preferred, but not required
- Hands on, can work completely independently with extreme efficiency and has passion for results. Capable of managing offshore BI developers.
- Experience with R, scripting languages, predictive analytics are a plus, but not required.
- Curious about big data problems and just about anything else.
Velti is a leading platforms and services provider enabling mobile marketing, advertising and value-added services for advertising agencies...