The Motorola Companion Products team is looking for an energetic, innovative product manager to lead its power product line for global sales opportunities. The Power PM role will interface with the leading engineering, design and business teams within Motorola to develop a market leading portfolio based on the latest technology and experience goals, and with sales and customers to drive placement in top tier channels across markets.
- Define and execute your product vision and strategy for Motorola's Power companion products, including how they support and enable Motorola's core smartphone and tablet devices
- Draft and gain agreement on the product definition and business requirements
- Cross-function organizational support including Engineering, Design, Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Business Operations
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Deliver the product message externally by supporting and presenting at customer, supplier, and partner meetings
- Prioritize new and existing feature requests
- Work closely with engineering and design teams to deliver products to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Responsible for all things Companion Products including incorporating cutting edge new technology and building awesome mobile/social experiences on top of them
- Mentor, train, and develop the next generation of product managers in Companion Products
- BS in engineering or a related field of technical study
- MBA strongly preferred
- 5 years consumer product management or product design experience.
- Experience in developing mobile application products and technologies.
- History of successful product launches and businesses
- 2 years in Power related category desired
- Technical knowledge, industry experience, product management experience, financial skills, strong communication skills, planning/organization skills and initiative/self-confidence
- Familiarity with Mobile devices and accessories
- LI- BM 1