We are seeking a Product Manager, Email who will be responsible for defining the product direction for our email and communications suite. They will understand the current and prospective customer needs for our messaging products and then translate the needs into a product strategy and vision working along with the executive team. Their products will be used by millions of consumers, and will need to combine innovative features while optimizing the balance between user experience and revenue generation. The Product Manager will work closely with the Engineering teams to compile product requirements, manage the product roadmap, and manage the delivery and launch of Synacor’s messaging products. We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and is excited by the challenges of the role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform on-going competitive analysis, feature definition and prioritization, and other analytical tasks for our messaging products.
• Work with technology vendors, including application vendors and other partners, to ensure an awesome set of products
• Define product roadmap and product requirements based on input from management, competitive and market analysis, and customers
• Based on product roadmap, write requirements and user stories to be used in and agile development process
• Understanding the end to end technical operations of the product line to do ROI & NPV analysis on operations and development
• Work closely with Quality Assurance to ensure the right level of testing is being performed for each release and the measurements are in place.
• Closely work with engineering and operations to make sure approved features get launched
• Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
• Experience working for a company that hosts email with a large number of mailboxes
• 3-5 years product development/software experience with email.
• Ability to lead a cross-functional team and to make a plan and then execute it
• Experience in managing aggressive and dynamic projects, with competing resources and priorities.
• Good judgment in key issue identification and resolution spanning multiple departments throughout the product development lifecycle
• Strong sense of accountability and ownership for end to end product lifecycle with demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development and launch
• Proven quantitative, analytical and technical skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a business-related field.
What we’ll bring to the table:
• 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
• Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
• Award winning company culture
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• Generous paid time off
• 25 cent vending machines
• Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. We even have a lakefront gazebo with wi-fi connection! And if that’s not enough, Synacor pays 100% of health care premiums for employees AND dependents, offers stock option participation, a healthy bonus potential and a very generous paid time off policy. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...