Product Manager, Groupon Global Travel
Groupon is working on lots of cool technology (beyond group buying) to make life easier and more affordable for people who love to travel.
Do you love to travel? Do online travel agencies frustrate you with how they make is so difficult to search for and book vacations at the best price? The Groupon Global Travel team (Getaways) is reshaping the way consumers think about buying online travel. Launched in July 2011, Groupon Global Travel is the suitcase-toting team dedicated to Groupon’s travel vertical.
We’re not your typical online travel platform. We are working to create packages that delight both suppliers and Groupon subscriber alike. For lodging, we focus on independent and boutique properties as well as chains and B&Bs and listen to their needs to craft a deal that is going to get them the customers that they want, when they want them. There is a lot more to come. Out with the old ways of features that serve as price comparisons. We’re in the business of featuring travel for everything it is - opportunities for our customers to relax, enjoy themselves, share special moments and be delighted.
As part of this effort we have several projects underway and more coming to significantly improve and enhance our travel related offering.
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Demonstrated record of success in defining strategic product roadmaps as well as inventing and launching successful features
- Passion for travel. Experience in the travel industry is a big plus.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and project management skills
- Comfort being hands-on in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup environment
- Technical background, with computer science degree or equivalent software development experience
- Top level academic qualifications as demonstrated by performance at a leading university
- Ability to work in a fast paced agile environment with agile teams.
- Build and prioritize the US and International roadmap
- Write specifications and launch features by working closely with globally diverse teams
- Facilitate effective communication throughout the product development process between teams including engineering, design, executives and others
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID 4020
Careers at Groupon
We're making life less boring by crafting a new evolution of local commerce. We're changing the way merchants and...